Hi all!
I have been INCREDIBLY bad about keeping up with my blog this year. That IS going to change for next year, I promise! It has been almost an entire year since my last post, and that is unacceptable.
With that being said, a lot has happened this past year! The man of my dreams asked me to be his wife, and I said yes! We were married up in Keystone, Colorado at the ski resort on March 28. It was an absolutely perfect day in every way.
Also, we have recently moved from Colorado back to Dan's hometown in Iowa! It is definitely a transition, but both of us have been adjusting well. The quiet life in Iowa has been much needed. It's been great to have a place to call home, and a MUCH bigger kitchen!
With that being said, here's one of my favorite fall recipes. I found this one online, and modified it a little bit. It's low-carb, and very tasty!
You will need:
Hickory Smoked Bacon
1 Pork Tenderloin
6 Garlic cloves, minced
Fresh Rosemary, picked
Fresh Thyme, chopped
Fresh Sage, chopped
Salt and Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Aluminum foil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the garlic, rosemary, thyme, and sage. Put off to the side. Spread EVOO over pork tenderloin. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper evenly over tenderloin.
On the aluminum foil, line up bacon side by side (about ten pieces, or length of tenderloin). Place tenderloin on top of bacon. Evenly spread garlic, rosemary, thyme, and sage mixture. Wrap bacon around tenderloin (you can use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place if it's not staying), and wrap in tin foil.
Cook pork in oven about 20-30 minutes, or until slightly pink in the middle. Cut right off the sides of bacon. I personally served this with roasted potatoes and a side salad, but for a healthier option, you can use sweet potatoes or steamed vegetables.
To cook on the airplane:
I personally used my own glass container to heat food up on the airplane. If I don't have a lot of liquid, tin foil works just fine. I cook on low for about 25 minutes.
Microwave:
Cook on high for about 1 minute. Flip pork, and cook again for about 1 minute.
Freezing:
This recipe will last in the freezer for about 3 months.
So there you have it! I'll be back for some more fun and yummy recipes. Oh, and Happy Fall!
Brittney Grace <3
Galley Delights Facebook
Galley Delights Instagram




No comments:
Post a Comment